Little girls can be superheros too!

I received this advanced reader copy of Super Red Riding Hood by Claudia Davila from NetGalley. I just came off a binge reading day of Wonder Woman so I was all about superheros. This looked like an adorable, rated G superhero book for my daughter so we read it right away. And it is adorable! I love the illustrations. It's a different spin on the original story with a happy, not scary, message. It's about a little girl who stands up for herself, fights back, and helps those in need. Just like a real superhero! This book came at an opportune time. My daughter has suddenly had trouble sleeping, telling me "I scared!" She hides when she sees those little jumping spiders on our windows. And she won't watch Frozen because she says it's scary. She's probably the only girl in this country who feels this way. I'm hoping I can find other books like this one to help her see she can conquer her fears. Or maybe a book about a princess who is also a superhero... like Wonder Woman!


0 comments:

Post a Comment